Sunday, September 23, 2007

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Beta

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Pre-Played

My Zimbio
Top Stories

Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Beta (Xbox 360)

Thanks to Gamespot.com, I was able to get into the exclusive Multiplayer beta test for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. As a fan of the previous Call of Duty games on Xbox 360, I was thrilled to get a token to the Beta test. My thrills did not stop with the code, after the 1GB download from Xbox Live, I was ready to strap on my flack jacket and head into war to fight for my country, which ranged from the US Marine Corp to British S.A.S to Russians to Middle Eastern Soliders.


Gaining experience points is the basis of Call of Duty 4. You get points for completing different objects like killing and opponent or shooting down a helicopter. The more experience points you earn the more you level up, earning you more weapons, features, game modes, perks, and even the ability to customize your soldier/class. I for one have created the Jack Bauer class.


The beta included 3 maps: Overgrown, Vacant, and Crash. Overgrown is takes place in a Russian forest. A lot of this map is open fields, but if you are a sniper there are plenty of good hiding spots, including a barn and some abandoned buildings.

Vacant is another map that takes place in Russia. I happen to always do well in this map so it is my favorite of the Xbox 360 Beta. In this map, you spend most of the time sneaking around an abandoned single story office, but the is an old train yard with empty train cars to hide and attack from.

The last of the maps is Crash, which reminded me of “Black Hawk Down”. This map has everything from roofs to abandoned buildings to a downed helicopter and some open space. This map is a lot of fun to with the different places to hide and attack from.

After experiencing the beta, I know the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is going to be the 2007 Game of the Year. Some might think that it is a bold statement, especially with the much anticipated Halo 3 hitting stores this Tuesday, but after playing in both betas, Call of Duty is going to be the better game. Personally, I can not wait for this November to see the full version of this game.






No comments: